It’s Moo Local policy that we must check the customer’s ID for all orders containing age-restricted items, even if the customer looks older than the legal age for buying those items.
It’s against the law to sell age-restricted products to anyone under the age of 18. It’s important to remember to check a customers age when delivering orders that contain age-restricted products as it is our responsibility to make sure that we don’t deliver age-restricted products to someone under 18.
When we get an order from a customer, we check the receipt to make our self aware if alcohol included and take steps to ensure that the customer we deliver to is over 18.
When we deliver an order containing alcohol, it’s important that we don’t hand over any alcohol to a customer who already appears to be drunk.
Driver must not:
- Deliver the age-restricted products to the customer if you are suspicious that the ID produced is not genuine or if an ID could not be produced. When this happens Contact Customer Support and inform them – do not complete the order.
- Deliver alcohol to the customer if you believe they’re already drunk.
- Leave the age-restricted products anywhere except the delivery address, unless the customer does not provide proof that they are over 18 on request (in which case the alcohol & tobacco should be need to return them to the store)
- Hesitate to ask for ID
- Ask for the customer's date of birth without checking their ID
- Deliver alcohol to customers in public places - alcohol can only be delivered to residential and business addresses
Acceptable ID is a:
- A United Kingdom (photocard) driving licence
- A photographic identity card bearing a national Proof of Age Standard Scheme (PASS) hologram.
Driver Must Checks:
- Confirm the photograph on the card looks like the person offering the card.
- Check the expiry date of the document to ensure it is still valid
- Check the customer’s date of birth and you will find whether the customer is over 18.
- If the customer is over 18 you can give them the order and mark it as delivered.
- If the customer is under 18 or the customer doesn’t have ID, you can remove the age-restricted items (e.g. alcohol & tobaccos) but leave the rest of the order.